By Barbara Boyd
The international is at your fingertips with iPad!
AARP iPad: Tech to Connect introduces you to the world's preferred capsule equipment, the iPad, and all of the notable issues it has to supply. In transparent, non-technical language, this e-book courses you thru registering and establishing your iPad, getting familiar with the multitouch interface, navigating round the reveal, discovering and downloading apps, interpreting books, hearing track, looking at video clips, browsing the internet, and speaking with neighbors and family.
- Developed in partnership with AARP and devoted to aiding readers remain hooked up with acquaintances, kin, and neighborhood through delivering well timed and beneficial recommendation and suggestions for utilizing tech to connect
- Covers the need-to-know fundamentals like powering up your iPad, getting it registered, and navigating the multitouch interface
- Walks you thru constructing your electronic mail account, typing with the onscreen keyboard, searching the web, purchasing on the iTunes store,...
Read Online or Download AARP iPad. Tech to Connect PDF
Similar personal computers books
Presents the basic details you must ace CompTIA's IT venture+ Certification examination. each one certification target is roofed in a distinct two-page unfold that highlights the major issues of the target.
Your one-stop consultant to a protracted and chuffed dating together with your computer Mark Chambers does not think pcs are meant to be complex, and this ebook proves it. right here you will find the simple scoop on utilizing and having fun with your notebook, no matter if it is your first one or your 5th. From utilizing Microsoft Works and getting on-line to electronic multimedia, problem-solving, and community defense, it is all at your fingertips!
The main up to date insurance at the most recent iMac recommendation, instruments, and shortcutsCool and invaluable tips, full-color screenshots, and savvy suggestion aid you get the main from your iMac. totally up-to-date to hide the iMac's newest positive aspects and functions, this consultant is choked with indispensible info on iLife ’09 and Mac OS X Snow Leopard, and indicates you the way to customise your iMac in a manner that it'll paintings good for you.
When you already understand easy and feature entry to 1 of the preferred Apple types, you are in your strategy to constructing genuine services at the topic. The publication combines colour, snap shots, and sound with uncomplicated demonstrations that will help you learn-FAST. you are going to commence easily, utilizing simple statements like POKE, PEEK< and phone to go into and execute desktop language courses.
Extra info for AARP iPad. Tech to Connect
1. Press and hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button for two seconds and then let go. The Apple logo, and then the iPad logo appear. 2. Place one finger on the arrow next to the words Slide to Set Up and then slide your finger to the right. 3. Tap the blue-and-white arrow shown in Figure 1-3. 4. Tap your country or region. 5. Tap Next to bring up the Location Services screen. 6. Tap Enable, and then tap the Next button. 7. Tap the network that is yours. 8. Tap the Wi-Fi network password. 123 key. If you need capital letters, tap the shift key.
6. Tap the X at the right end of the field. 7. Type the name you want for the folder. 8. To add another app to the folder, tap the folder. 9. Drag the app into the folder. 10. Tap the home button. Figure 2-7 Figure 2-8 To move apps out of folders, follow these steps: 1. Press and hold any app on the Home screen. 2. Lift your finger after the apps start wiggling. 3. Tap the folder that holds the app you want to remove. 4. Drag out the app. A folder is automatically deleted when it’s empty. Opting for Accessibility The iPad is chock full of features that let you customize the screen, making it more accessible for users with varying levels of physical challenges.
Your iPad is now set up. Tap Start Using iPad to open the Home screen, which appears in Figure 1-4. Figure 1-4 Visiting the AARP Website Chapter 6 explains the ins and outs of Safari, the web browser app that comes on the iPad, but I want you to do something real right from Chapter 1. What better task than visiting the AARP website? 1. Tap the Safari icon. 2. Tap the Go To This Address field. 3. Type aarp. You don’t have to type http://www. 4. com key. Other suffixes appear, as shown in Figure 1-5.
AARP iPad. Tech to Connect by Barbara Boyd